Gambling appeared in Australia with the original inhabitants. It is no secret that in recent years, the gambling business has advanced to a great extent. Taking into account the history of modern Australia, the government has been working to control and improve this industry.
Today, thanks to the country’s powerful foundation, expanded legal framework and the overall influence of the jurisdiction, the gambling industry is developing. Online casinos have become widespread as well. As an example, PlayAmo Australia welcomes venturous gamblers from different corners of the country.
An expanding number of entrepreneurs are looking for a chance to register a casino corporation and get a gambling license in Australia. Regulation is largely a matter of state governments and is different from state to state. Thus, if you decide to apply for a gambling license in Australia, then, in addition, you will also have to choose the state where the activity will be conducted.
Australia’s Gambling Regulation
In order to obtain a gambling license in Australia, you first need to understand and study the laws of Australia and each state separately. The main law that regulates gambling is the Interactive Gambling Act, passed by the Commonwealth of Australia Parliament in 2001. This law also legalized and regulated online gambling.
There is an important nuance to which entrepreneurs wishing to order a gambling license in Australia. It is the presence of a number of regulators responsible for controlling gambling activities in various states of the jurisdiction. Each of these regulators has the right to put forward its own requirements for the licensing of gambling, the generally accepted among which are:
- Hiring exclusively qualified personnel with sufficient experience in the field of gambling.
- Cooperation with law enforcement agencies.
- Compliance with AML / CFT policies.
- Compliance with requirements for confidentiality and protection of personal information of users.
- Ensuring security during financial transactions.
Separately, it is worth noting that by applying for a gambling license in Australia, you will not be eligible to advertise online games. For more information, we advise you to order a consultation on obtaining a gambling license in Australia.
Obtaining a Gambling License in Australia
It is possible to outline the general features of the requirements that are provided to applicants for a gambling license in Australia. The entrepreneurs should know the main regulation laws the government presents. The licensee is obliged to:
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies;
- Monitor the safety of financial transactions;
- Limit the flow of funds (to avoid money laundering);
- Recruit staff on the basis of an objective selection of candidates. All employees must be accredited and professional;
- Also, the licensee must keep personal information of users, worry about confidentiality;
- Play fair and fight crime with preventive measures.
Before buying a gambling license in Australia, it is also recommended that you learn the advertising laws: gambling companies are not allowed to advertise online games.